Examples of hazard
SOME EXAMPLES OF HAZARDS (NUISANCE FACTORS) YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO AT YOUR WORKPLACE:
Caretaker's duties, cleaning:
- toxic chemicals and cleaning products,
- sharp objects in the waste,
- blood on objects in the waste,
- slippery floor.
Work in food service:
- slippery floor,
- hot kitchen equipment,
- sharp objects, such as knives and meat mincers.
Work in the shop:
- harassment (physical and verbal),
- heavy loads to move,
- repetitive movements when moving products over the scanner,
- working in a standing position.
Work in the office:
- poor ergonomics of computer workplaces (unsuitable chair, desk, position of the screen, keyboard, etc.),
- working long hours in a sitting position.
Provision of care:
- contaminated blood and body fluids,
- lifting and working in uncomfortable positions,
- physical and verbal violence,
- danger of slips and falls.
- work in an uncomfortable position,
- working long hours in a standing position,
- allergy-causing chemicals in hair products.
Work in the factory:
- dangerous machines (unprotected parts of machines),
- tempo of work,
- monotony of work,
- danger of slips and falls,
- dangers in transport in the workplace.